How is your personal data collected?
This privacy statement aims to give you information on how we collect and process your personal data through your use of this website, and other services provided by us (both online and offline channels), e.g. our hotels and other properties, and call centers (“Services”) from which you are accessing this privacy statement, including any data you may provide when you use our:
- Online services, such as websites owned or controlled by us, web and mobile applications, social media pages, HTML-formatted email messages; or
- Offline interactions, when you visit or stay as a guest at one of our properties, reach out to our call center, or through other offline interactions.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your personal data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you call a call center, contact us to inquire about our products or Services, or submit requests or claims. This includes personal data you provide online when you book an accommodation, sign up for a newsletter, complete a form on our website, or participate in a survey, contest, online campaign activities, or promotional offer. We collect personal data offline, when you visit our properties, or use Services, such as hotels, resorts, restaurants, childcare services, and spas, and other Services provided under Anantara Vacation Club, or participate in our event or other offline campaign activities, including scheduling for a preview presentation provided by us.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, and other similar technologies. To learn more, please see your cookie statement for further details.
- Security Systems. When you visit our managed properties, information may be collected about you through such properties’ closed circuit television systems, electronic key cards and other security systems.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various authorized third parties and public sources including business partners, hotels managed by us, travel agents and aggregators. If we receive your information from third parties, we will clearly request in writing from the third party to explain the source of the personal data before collecting it, as well as whether it has obtained your permission to collect, process, and disclose your personal information to us. We only use your personal information on the premise of complying with relevant laws and regulations.