Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We will process your personal data for different purposes. This data processing may be for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data.
We collect, use, or disclose your personal data to the extent permitted or required under applicable law, for the following purposes:
- Performing our contract with you (including our customer service obligations), processing and managing your purchases or use of our products and Services, such as member/program application, provision of presentation and preview tour of our properties under the program voluntarily participated by you, creation and management of reservations and your stay in our properties (including booking process, check-in and hotel registration process, and management of the booking or Services requested by you related to your stay in our properties), provision of other Services, collection and payment, point usage management, catering to your requests, monitoring use of Services (telephone, bar, pay TV etc.), and administering relevant program participation, online/offline campaign activities, your use of our website and the Services via both online and offline channels in response to a contractual relationship between you and us.
- Responding to your customer service inquiries, handling the complaint management process which you have raised, or taking other actions in response to your inquiries or other website’s activities or other customer service platforms.
- Communicating with you by post, telephone, email, and social media about your purchases, your Services, accounts and program participation, campaign activities you have participated in, and your requests for information.
- Improvement of our products, Services and relevant processes, such as assessment of our Services in hotels, resorts, spas, restaurants, and other outlets, improvement in the operation of our business as part of the contracted relationship between you and us, including requesting feedback or participation in surveys (including customer satisfaction survey) and analysis for us to review, develop and improve the quality of our products and Services, and test and improve our systems, and prevent the misuse or improper use of our Services.
- With your consent, giving information and communicating with you by email, via our website and other online channels about our brands, products and Services, news, and events, and offering our products, Services, benefits, upgrade and promotions, including co-branded offers and Minor Hotels group and business partner offers. If you do not wish to receive such information, you can cancel this service at any time by contacting our customer service center.
- Personalization of our services and communications, for example to personalize content and tailor our digital customer experience and offerings, understand customers’ requirements to develop targeted marketing programs, newsletters, and promotions. In addition, we may display User Generated Content (UGC) on our websites for promotional purposes. We will always seek and record your permission to opt in and participate in any of our marketing campaigns. Use of your information for marketing is presented in more detail under the Marketing section below. Personalisation of our website based on your preferences is covered in the [Cookies Policy].
- Administration of loyalty programs in partnership with GHA and frequent flyer program partners.
- Conducting business planning, reporting and forecasting.
- Managing risks and undertake internal audit and administration, for example, preventing fraud or undertaking detection, investigating requests for use of our internal information systems.
- Compliance with laws, regulations, orders, legal requirements and obligations of the Company, or reporting or disclosing information to government authorities as required by laws (such as local privacy laws, prevention of fraud or money laundering, police investigations, and tourism regulations), or upon receiving an order or a writ of attachment from police officers, government authorities, courts, or other competent authorities, undertaking detection and investigation under legal procedures and other regulations including establishment, compliance or exercise of the rights to legal claims or defense against the rights to legal claims.
- Safety and security to maintain the safety, health and well-being of customers, and protecting Minor Hotels’ assets and employees.
- Assignment of rights, obligations and any benefits under a contract between you and us which have been done legally, for example, merger or transfer of the contract.
- Booking process: To manage booking requests made by the users including any modifications and cancellations as well as confirmation communications of these transactions. To register and manage your online check-in; To manage the payment or prepayment, if it is requested; To review your guest profile, in order to unify guests’ profiles and personalize services provided. If the user consent is given for direct marketing communications - sending you personalised promotional offers and event details, subscribing and unsubscribing you, when you request it. The lawful grounds for these processes are the performance of the contract, our legitimate interest and user consent.
- Check-in online. To manage your check-in online and personalize your services if you request it. To manage any other services required by the user. The lawful grounds for these processes are the performance of the contract and user consent.
- Newsletter. Direct marketing communications - sending you promotional offers and event details with your consent, subscribing and unsubscribing you, when you request it. The lawful grounds for these processes are user consent.
- Management of general and booking enquiries. To manage communications, provide information and respond to general requests from users through the channels available for this purpose on the website or other Contact Us functions. To manage the booking or services request related to the reservations at our resorts or hotels. To receive feedback about the products and services provided. The lawful grounds for these processes are user consent and the performance of the contractand legitimate interest.
- User Generated Content (UGC) on social media platforms. To display UGC on our websites for promotional purposes. The lawful grounds for these processes are user consent.